What happens with all the leftovers from the festivities? Some people give their pet a treat, even allowing them to eat their fill. Problem is, some leftovers are very problematic for pets.
· Some human food items could be dangerous for your pet, causing gastrointestinal problems.
· Food that contains onions, chocolate, xylitol, grapes, macadamia nuts, and raisins may cause dangerous health conditions to pets especially dogs.
· Leftovers can be given in small quantities to your pet — turkey (without skin), cranberry sauce, green beans, mashed potatoes and macaroni.
If your pet is accustomed to your home cooking, you can be a bit more adventurous. But remember, many of the food items we make during the holidays are different than what we make the rest of the year, so be careful.
Read the full story here: